by Rose Parker
Do you want to bring more happiness into the life of your loved one? Then choose an experience instead of a material object for their gift this year. There is already evidence that experiences make us happier than objects, and that this happiness lasts longer. So if you are looking for something really special and unforgettable as a gift for someone, think about giving them an experience! Here are some ideas:
1. Opera/Theater/Show tickets (for the best seats, of course)
2. Plane tickets to a favorite destination or getaway
3. Drawing class
4. Piano class
5.Stargazing with a cup of hot chocolate
6. A night at a Bedouin camp. Spending the night in the desert is not just for camping trips these days, it can make your daydreams into reality by surprising loved ones with this experience on its own or as part of a journey to another place you have never been before!
7. Skydiving is a great gift idea for anyone that can't think of anything else, or if you just need an easy present to buy during those last minutes before the holiday rush. It's a thrilling and unforgettable option!
8. Glamping. Or champing (camping in a church) if you feel like scandalizing the religious society.
9. Anechoic room– this is a hard task because there are few anechoic chambers in the entire world, and they open up only with certain days. It's said that if you stay inside of one for just long enough (as if it's not the case), your heart will start to beat normally.
10. A massage, preferably accompanied by a glass of wine or a cup of hot chocolate.
11: A cooking class is always great for those who love to cook and want more knowledge about it! Or if you know someone that's just starting out in the kitchen- this would be perfect as well because they can learn from professionals how things are done properly while having fun at home with their loved ones (or friends).
12. Russian Banya , a Finnish sauna, or an Indian steam bath
13. Buy a thoughtful book for someone that will engage them and leave an impact
14. Wine tasting in Napa, California
15. Bungee jumping
16. Paragliding – a tandem flight
17. A special dinner with exotic cuisine that you won't be able to pronounce any item on the menu, and have to helplessly point to dishes to order them.
18. A whole day at a theme park
19. A balloon flight in Cappadocia Turkey
20. A day on a lavish boat with lots of champagne, complete with your favorite music playlist.
21. A day snowshoeing in the mountains
22. A cocktail night at a rooftop bar
23. A night picnic
24. A visit to a haunted house
25. A language course. Another way to make this gift memorable is to arrange for a foreign language course that takes place abroad
26. Photo shoot by a professional
27. Sending a warm winter vacation to someone with an upcoming birthday in the middle of chilly January is sure to be met with warmth
28. Hike into the mountains with some cake and champagne concealed in a backpack. Once you reach the peak, open up the bottle of champagne and light candles on top of the cake for your loved one (you might even need to buy non-extinguishable candles because peaks where windy).
29. Spend a night in a floating bungalow in Fiji or elsewhere
30. A dinner themed around the country of your most recent trip together
31. Surprise a loved one living in another part of the country or world with an unexpected meet-up and coffee
33. You might want to consider a membership for an aquarium, zoo or science center as a gift. These memberships can usually be given out at any time and can provide lifelong entertaining memories for loved ones
34. A salsa dance lesson
35. Horse riding on a beach
36. You could give your loved one a subscription to yoga classes. It will keep them healthy and really brighten their day
37. Anything homemade, because a homemade cake is much greater than the product itself; it shows that you put time, effort and intent into creating it.
38. A luxury hotel stay for a friend who spends most of their life on the road in crappy hostels
39. Gift a Premium membership for their favorite app or online subscription
40. Make one of their dreams come true. Has your friend always wanted to publish a book? To record their own song? Help them make their hobby a little bit more tangible by paying for the record or the publishing service.
41. A classic surprise party
42. Test drive a Lamborghini
43. A trip to the moon (or at least a virtual one). A company called Apollo Box offers an experience where you can send someone on their own private mission and they will be able for take photos of what it looks like from space, as well get some souvenirs that are actually made in outer-space! It's pricey but so worth every penny if your loved ones is into this kind thing 😉
44. Making someone else laugh is so powerful for the giver and receiver. Buy tickets for a stand-up comedy show if your friend is feeling down, take them to see a funny comedy movie, or arrange with friends to get together at a restaurant where everyone has been known to hoot and sqeak all night long.
45. A fixed sum of money with fun directions like “On jun 10, spend this money on something you wouldn’t normally do. Get adventurous or do whatever you feel like in the moment
46. A letter to your future self, with a time limit of one year from now for you or the recipient (or both) and instructions on how it should be opened: “Dear Future Me/You” - write down all that is happening in life right this moment; what are they feeling? What do their days look like at work / home ? How has everything changed since then?""What advice would I give myself if my past me could see into today's world?". This can also serve as an anniversary present! Write letters back & forth between two people who know each other very well - not just romantic partners but friends too
47. All-Access Subscription to MasterClass - this can be a great gift for someone into learning new things from the masters themselves
48. Dive under the sea with shark expert
49. Swim with dolphins
50. Scuba diving
51. Eat exotic Kashmiri cuisine called wazwan!
52. Buy tickets for go carting
53. Buy tickets for a gun range
54. Buy tickets for a paintball range
55. Go ice fishing during winter in Minneapolis
56. Buy them a cruise trip to the bahamas or other gorgeos destinations
57. Book a RV and send them along a trip to highway 1 in California
58. Book a kayak and drop them at the top of Russian River and then pick them up at Bodega bay
59. Take them to a pickle ball court and play a game or two
60. Book trip to Giraffe Manor, Nairobi and have breakfast with giraffes
61. Hike to an high altitude lake and camp overnight; eat fresh fish
62. Whale watching at point Reyes or wherever close to you!
63. Arrange to take your friend to a beach for the whole day and have them come back with a tan
64. Buy tickets for a live concert ( their favourite band or artist)
65. Arrange a trip and stay at a Castle ( In ireland or else where)
66. Arrange a trip to Disney land or Disney World
67. Adventure on safari
68. Buy them a first class ticket for a long haul flight
69. Take a trip on a private jet
70. Wine tasting in a limousine
71. Take them to a magic show
72. Take them to a game of their favorite sport (or any other) and have the best seats in house.
73. Visit a chocolate factory and tasting
74. Take them to a snowboarding/skiing resort if they have never seen snow
75. Take them to a spa for the day. (or night) and have all their treatments done by someone else while they relax in luxury, then go home with new clothes or jewelry as well! This is an experience that will make anyone feel like royalty - it's worth every penny of its price tag because you're giving your loved one something special instead just more stuff .
76. Arrange an overnight trip in a house boat
77 Arrange a visit to a Permaculture garden!
Hope you enjoyed our curated list of Gifts that are actually unforgettable experiences!!!